Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Treatment of arthritis in lower back
    jenr1234 posted:
    My chiropractor informed me recently that my lower back pain is caused by degeneration -- arthritis. He believes he can treat me for this. I am considering seeing him 2 - 3 times a week for three months. That's expensive. I'm not entirely convinced it will make a difference. I am making changes in my diet as well. And, I am considering getting a back massage more regularly. The muscles get very knotted. What do you think? Can a chiropractor help?
    atti_editor responded:
    Hi jenr1234,

    Here is some information on chiropractic treatments for the back that you might find helpful, as well as some information on spinal osteoarthritis and treatment options and exercises you might try. Every person responds to treatments differently so it is hard to say whether chiropractic help will work. You might ask your doctor if he/she feels a chiropractor will help. Please let us know how you are doing!

    Helpful Tips

    what should i do
    sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.