Skip to content
Treatment of arthritis in lower back
jenr1234 posted:
My chiropractor informed me recently that my lower back pain is caused by degeneration -- arthritis. He believes he can treat me for this. I am considering seeing him 2 - 3 times a week for three months. That's expensive. I'm not entirely convinced it will make a difference. I am making changes in my diet as well. And, I am considering getting a back massage more regularly. The muscles get very knotted. What do you think? Can a chiropractor help?

atti_editor responded:
Hi jenr1234,

Here is some information on chiropractic treatments for the back that you might find helpful, as well as some information on spinal osteoarthritis and treatment options and exercises you might try. Every person responds to treatments differently so it is hard to say whether chiropractic help will work. You might ask your doctor if he/she feels a chiropractor will help. Please let us know how you are doing!

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Total hip replacement for OA
I was uncertain and quite frightened by the thought of having a total hip replacment for my osteoarthritic hips, the right being worse than ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.