Skip to content
Newly diagnosed, 29 years old
victoryinchrist2014 posted:
Hi, my name is Ebony. I am newly diagnosed with osteoarthritis. It is very rare that a person my age develops this so young, but here I am. I found this all out after an accident where private ambulance paramedics accidentally dropped me and I ended up in the Emergency Room. I had to get a CT and MRI. Now I have had back problems for quite some time even before the accident. I never knew I had degenerative osteoarthritis and a bulging disk that I have to have surgery on. I see a pain doctor and I am getting ready to see a new primary care doctor because the one I have just isn't working out and she doesn't have the time to deal with my complex medical issues. I am on some heavy duty pain pills and I really want to do some natural things to try to be able to live without taking Oxycontin every 12 hours. I also suffer from depression and anxiety. So this has been a trying time for me emotionally as well. If anyone has any advice I am open to suggestions. I am also taking Ibuprofen 800, Aleve Arthritis, several vitamins and supplements. I am having a hard time keeping food down due to the fact that I am in so much pain. I am losing a lot of weight very fast. I like losing weight just not in the way I am doing it. It's not healthy. Like I said I am willing to take any advice on what I could expect with this diagnosis?

Take the Poll

How old were you when you were diagnosed with OA?
  • < 18
  • 18-30
  • 30-40
  • 40-50
  • > 50
vote
View Poll Results

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.