Skip to content
newly diagnosed
An_258761 posted:
Newly diagnosed with Degenerative osteoarthritis in neck. Currently experiencing numbness/tingling in left arm, pinched nerve. Beginning physical therapy. Finished a week of steroid ( prednisone). Some powerful drugs. Relaxed my neck and took pain away. Made me jumpy and blurred vision. Occasionally experiencing tingling in toes both feet. Just wanted to see if anyone else has that experience. New to all this and trying to learn as well.

laidbackmatt responded:
I have OA in my lower back (lumbar). I was diagnosed four years ago. I have seen several neurologists and surgery not an option. Pain meds and physical therapy and weight loss only answer for me. The pain and numbness get worse. If you want to avoid narcotics try gabapentin. I also use dyclofinac as an anti inflammatory. That worked for a while, now I have added vicodin but they say it is not for long term use. I wonder what is next? Hang in there and do what they say, remember you can always get other doctors opinions.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

karen
I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.