Skip to content
Knee OA
An_258797 posted:
I had a fractured kneecap this spring, I've had arthroscopic surgery, also a lateral release, he cleaned out loose bodies, fixed a meniscus tear. The day after surgery I felt great!! I've done Physical therapy but my knee somedays just kills me!! I'm 3 months post op. I have a good range of motion, my quad is back. But I cannot find relief, especially as by evening. Believe me, I'm in bed by 7pm only because my knee has had it by then. I'm icing, elevated and I use my tens unit. I don't over do it during the day, just OA?? I still ice, elevate, do my home PT too. I know exercise is important with OA, and I do it. I want to stay active or rather I wish I could be as active as I was before all this. I never had OA till I got hurt. I know someday I'll need a total knee replacement...I'm not looking forward to another surgery, and recovery. As I'm young, I know TKR's last 15-20 yrs...I can't imagine having it done again. Oh, I do keep in touch with my Ortho Surgeon...and he is the best!! I'm blessed! For everyone with OA pain, I feel your pain.

emsgirl24 responded:
I live with daily OA knee pain now. I had a steroid shot in my knee 2 months ago. That helped the swelling then, but that only lasted about 3 days. Then I was back to swelling, & daily pain. I push through PT but some days, it's so frustrating that my quality if life has diminished Yes, sad to say my knee dictates my day..

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Total hip replacement for OA
I was uncertain and quite frightened by the thought of having a total hip replacment for my osteoarthritic hips, the right being worse than ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.