Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
numb & tingling fingers
jolyri posted:
For the past six months, I have been having tingling and numbness in the fingers of both hands. It has gotten to the point that it is hard to type (I am a transcriptionist) and even write. I was tested for carpal tunnel, which was negative. I have been taking 25 to 50 mg of tramadol / Ultram a day for approximately 6 years. Does anyone know if this medication could cause this problem and if so, will it get better in time? I appreciate any advice.

_swank_ responded:
Which fingers are numb? That's an important piece of information since it can help narrow down which nerves are compressed. How did they test for CTS?

jolyri responded:
The last three digits of both hands are numb, as well as part of the palm. They tested for CTS with a nerve conduction study.

_swank_ responded:
Carpal Tunnel syndrome will not cause your pinky and half your ring finger to go numb. It's more likely to be caused by Cubital Tunnel Syndrome which is in your elbow.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

karen
I'm 55 and have had osto for about 10 years. I use a cream called Valtaren works really great. I put it on first thing in the morning ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.