Skip to content
Bent/Curved/Spiral Fingers
JessMichelangelo posted:
Hello all, I am new to this, so please forgive any mistakes or misconceptions. Oi, I have many odd traits, but this is probably one of the more worrying ones. I just turned twenty years old less than a month ago, and I think I might have some sort of arthritis problem with my fingers. I know that I am young to be having problems with my fingers, but I can't really find any definitive answers..... It seems that since I was at least eleven, or younger, I have had a slight curve in my right index finger. It never seemed too odd to me. As I got older, however, My finger curved more and more to the right and a little downwards, as if it were trying to spiral. My left index finger is similar, if a bit less curved. I have noticed that my right, middle finger is now starting to curve towad the right and downwards as well. The second joint, immediately after the knuckles, of my curving fingers are large-looking for my small hands.It is really worrying me. To be a bit more visual, instead of my right index finger, which is the worst, beiong straight when lined up with a ruler, it seems to curve from my second joint (the one after the knuckle) at about a 30% angle, but curved and twisting as if the nail wants to touch the paper. I do not experience any pain apart from occasional stiffness, slight achiness, and almost constant coldness in my fingers. I do not know what could have caused this, and the only logical explanation I could come up with was arthritis. I don't know if it would help to mention any of this, but I do not eat any meat,not even fish or poultry, (because it tastes bad), and I am twenty years old, and am 5'1 and 1/4" tall. I had some odd birth defects when I was born, but since my fingers seem to hae progressed to this stage, I doubt that this is genetic-- though, I am no doctor... I really want some answers, so if anyone has a clue as to what is up with my weird, twisty fingers, I'd be much obliged for any advice. Thanks- JessMichelangelo

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Relief for Knee OA
Doing squats on a Total Gym (2 or 3 reps of 20) at an incline, taking Nopalea, whirlpool baths and a proactive attitude through prayer have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.