Skip to content
picklestayla2
picklestayla2 posted:
I had a knee replacement on Jan. 20th. 9 weeks later I am stilling dealing with pain and unable to bend at more then 97 degrees. I have had to go to the hospital for manual manipulation under ansthesia. I was able to get to 107 now returning to 97 degrees. I have been told that I produce scar tissue quickly as to why I am having such diffaculy. I also have muscle strain in my hip and back which makes it very difficult at PT. The surgeon put me on steroids hoping this will help.I'm hoping that the steroids will enable me to bend my knee more so as to help break up this scar tissue. Has anyone out there had this much trouble?

Geradine4733 responded:
The pain is normal - the poor bend is not normal. I had a lot of swelling that slowed down the bend. When the swelling started to go down, the bend was easier, and now I can bend my surgical knee as well as my non-surgical knee.

I wish I could answer your question. Keep after the surgeon, and keep up asking him what you can do to get your knee healed with a perfect bend. You should insist on a good result.

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
The Knee Replacement Exchange might have some good ideas and experience to share as well.

picklestayla2 replied to Geradine4733's response:
Thank for some great advice

picklestayla2 replied to Louise_WebMD_Staff's response:
Great, I will look at this and hopefully get some good ideas.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

Total hip replacement for OA
I was uncertain and quite frightened by the thought of having a total hip replacment for my osteoarthritic hips, the right being worse than ... More
Was this Helpful?
9 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.