Skip to content
New To Group
christinam4 posted:
Hi. I am Christina 31 years old. Mother of 2 ages 11 and 7, and married going on 8 years, been together for 14 years.

I have recently been diagnosed with FM back in Dec 09. I have Scoliosis since I was a child. I have never had pain until I had my daughter 7 years ago. Then I suddenly had severe back pain, I assumed it was from the Scoliosis, getting worse or whatever. Well come to find out I had a bone scan about 2 months ago and it reavealed I have Arthritis in my neck, shoulders, back, hips. I also have DDD and OA. I have other diagnosis which are IC, IBS. I had a hysterectomy back in Sept 09 and that is when the FM hit me full force and has not left. Lol....

I started having problems slowly, first back then my legs hurting, and then I started having problmes with my hands and elbows and arms. I have found out I also have Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, which is like Carpel Tunnel, just in the elbow. It has gotten so bad to where I can barely use my left hand. It is very weak, I have problems washing and brushing my hair. My daughter who is 7 will throw a fit if I don't do her hair, she is still getting use to the fact that I can't do much anymore. I feel so bad, she just doesn't understand.

I don't work, haven't since 04. I don't do much around the house, the only thing I do religiously is laundry. I can't do anything else. I am in the process of trying to get my pain under control. When I do then I will start to get my "old" self back.

My biggest complaint is the FM and OA and My arm and hand. I just have a lot of back pain and neck pain and my shoulders.

I have tried all the "nerve" meds out there approved for FM and can not take them due to side affects.

So now I currently take,

Fentanyl patch 25mcg-I have only been on it now for 3 weeks and I am already needing it to be upped. ( I have a high tolerance for pain meds)

Lortab 7.5 BT(which also needs to be changed to something else, it is no longer as effective as it use to be) I have been off and on of that med for 7 years.

Tramadol 50mg 3xday-(which that also needs to be upped, I have been on that does for 3 months now) that was my starting dose.

I have Flexeril which is 10mg 3xday, but I do not take but maybe 3 times a week at the most, I can not function on it. I take it when my Lortab is not working well.

I take vesicare for my bladder problems

I also have Valuim for painful intercourse due to the IC

I also take Vit. D and a multi, Melatonin for at night, added Calcium, Potassium(because I am always low) B complex, Probiotic for IBS,

I will soon be getting Milk Thistle for a healthy liver. It is a natural aid to helping your liver, when you are on a bunch of narcotics.

I think that is it. I have suffered for 7 years with severe depression, but that was due to no one believing me and not being able to get my pain under control. I have attempted suicide 3 times due to the pain. I have been on so many Psych meds. The Psych Dr was constantly changing my meds, therefore I believe making me worse. I have never been suicidal, until trying to get help. I took myself off all Psych meds and never felt better! (Mentally)

Sorry so long, I was just introducing myself. I am also on FM wich is where I am most of the time, and Pain mgmt, Back pain. Those are my groups that I am in.

Thank you for listening, reading
Christina

Louise_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome Christina. We are glad to have you join us.

Featuring Experts

Scott Zashin, MD is a clinical assistant professor at the University of Texas, Southwestern Medical School and maintains a private practice at Presb...More

Helpful Tips

what should i do
sir my name is rajesh, I had an accident and my hip is broken Dr. had fitted rod, but after one year my hip is start paining Dr are telling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.