Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    ankle arthritis
    rhollow posted:
    i have had an arthritic ankle since falling in a local mall. have been to several chiropractors who give modest relief. for the last six months have been swimming in a salt water pool and doing aquafit exercises; it seems to help somewhat; i am down to one from two 500 mg ibuprofen a day now when i get up

    Was this Helpful?
    8 of 14 found this helpful
    _swank_ responded:
    First off, a fall in the mall will not cause arthritis. It's not the sort of thing that happens over night. An injury can certainly lead to arthritis but it could take years for it to develop. If this is something you discovered after the fall then you already had arthritis and the fall just aggravated the condition.

    Second, you need to go to a medical doctor to have your ankle assessed.Chiropractors are not medical doctors and they should not be messing around with your ankle. Go see an orthopedic surgeon or podiatrist and find out what's really going on and what treatment options are available.

    Helpful Tips

    Be the first to post a Tip!

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.