Skip to content
Broken Rib
An_256239 posted:
I've broken the same rib five times it wont heal right I was reaching over some pieces of wood and it popped and now it feels like its broke again. it keeps popping and as always a ton of pain. i have got it wrapped now will that help because with it wrapped it realy hurts more.

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

I hope that you were able to get in to have your rib examined by a doctor. If not, I encourage you to make an appointment to do so. It is important to see a doctor after a rib injury to make sure that there are no internal or other injuries.

This article cautions against taping your ribs, as it does not allow you to take deep breaths which could lead to more serious problems. The article also has some treatment tips that could help ease your pain, including icing the injured area and getting plenty of rest.

You also might want to ask your doctor if there is anything you should do to help prevent this from happening again or to promote the healing of your rib. Please keep us updated on how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

For of those interested you might check out
" Congenital radio-ulnar synostosis" Google it and realize we are not alone. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website