Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Thyroid Disease
chabby posted:
I have been sruggling with thyroid issues for over 30 years. Doctors do not agree on what a good level is and how to treat it. What tests do you recommend. My nails are breaking more and my hair is falling out more. Thankyou. Chabby

atti_editor responded:
Hi Chabby,

Here is some information on diagnosing and treating thyroid problems that you may find helpful. It outlines how doctors identify the cause of your thyroid problems including specific tests and goes on to describe some conventional and alternative treatments you might consider depending on cause.

Have your doctors determined if you have hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism ? The above links have more information on each. Brittle nails and thinning hair are listed as symptoms of hypothyroidism, but only a medical professional can properly diagnose you. Don't give up trying to find the right treatment for you. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

For of those interested you might check out
" Congenital radio-ulnar synostosis" Google it and realize we are not alone. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website