Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Any real benefits to a cocktail of supplements?5
lewlew00 posted:
Diagnosed with osteoporosis several years ago. Taking alendronate weekly. Of course taking calcium and D daily. Well, religiously taking them now since suffering L1 and T9 compression fractures 1 month ago. 10% and 20% height loss.

Is there any benefit in taking Vit K2, Magnesium, Stronium or Boron supplements?

Also, would Turmeric and Fish Oil really help osteoarthritis?

Fyi - I'm 47 and pre-menopausal and really don't want to deal with kyphosis now or later.

bonebabe responded:
No. If you take a good multivitamin and calcium supplement with D, that's all that you need to do. And for heaven's sake - DO NOT take strontium supplements. They aren't regulated here, they're strontium citrate which isn't what you need if you take strontium, and they screw up your DXA results - giving you a false positive increase, while not actually helping your bone.

Very important not to do any forward bending or side to side twisting of the spine. Look at the National Osteoporosis Foundation - www.nof.org - for more fact based proven information.

Helpful Tips

Great product for arthritis pain sufferers
For two years, I was suffering with pain in my left arm. In addition, I grew a bone spur on my left foot. The doctor diagnosed me with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website