Skip to content
I have a question....
periwinkle52 posted:
Does anyone know, Could Hyperparathyroidism, being treated with Steroids, for Adrenal Insufficiency, be related @ all to my both arms having "Severe Carpal Tunnels Syndrome"?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Periwinkle52,

I also saw your post about having surgery for carpal tunnel, hopefully you can have a consult with the surgeon and anesthesiologist to plan for the stress of the surgery and recovery.

Until you get more response, wanted to pass along this information, Causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome . It discusses HYPOthyroidism as one contributing condition.

Let us know when surgery is scheduled,
Elizabeth

(By the way, we spent Thanksgiving a couple years ago in Hilton Head, loved it and had a great time!)

periwinkle52 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank-you for writing, Interesting as I've never been diagnosed with anything related to my Thyroid! And, YES, I absolutely know about having extra Anestesiologists & plenty of Steroids handy! After I found out I had developed Adrenal Insufficiency, my "Endo", makes sure to be on top of everything! He is GREAT! p.s., Glad you enjoyed Hilton Head. It is lovely, unfortunately, it;s nicer to visit, than live here! (but that goes for anywhere!) periwinkle

Helpful Tips

For of those interested you might check out
" Congenital radio-ulnar synostosis" Google it and realize we are not alone. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website