Exercise is Necessary for Healthy Bones - A Challenge for our Members!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Whether you have osteoporosis or want to reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis, exercise is essential!

The challenge is to challenge yourself to begin a program to improve your bone health - Now!

Use the tools below to research and design a program that is right for you. Most important, before beginning a new exercise program please check with your doctor.
Let us know your plan to compete in and complete the challenge,
Elizabeth

periwinkle52 responded:
I have not read your recommendations, yet, but I started a water therapy program many years ago. Well, perhaps 6-7yrs. Anyway, I bought a pool, then "water weights", the foam type ones you see @ the
"Y", and I am in the pool, everyday, weather permitting, for one hour of water aerobics! Walking fast, then running, then my noodles,kinda like on a bicycle, then hanging on the side of the pool for leg lifts. I always have the ankle weights & hand barbells to use @ all times. I actually did my own rehab after a major back fusion, as I couldn't find a therapist who would touch me, due to my bones! My Dr. said I did a FANTASTIC job! It's very low impact & fun @ the same time. I hope your info doesn't frown on water therapy, as that would really burst my bubble!! LOL! periwinkle

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to periwinkle52's response:
Hi Periwinkle,

No frowning here! Congratulations on a great exercise plan to rehab yourself!

Looking forward to hearing others plans,
Elizabeth