Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Exercise is Necessary for Healthy Bones - A Challenge for our Members!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Whether you have osteoporosis or want to reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis, exercise is essential!

The challenge is to challenge yourself to begin a program to improve your bone health - Now!

Use the tools below to research and design a program that is right for you. Most important, before beginning a new exercise program please check with your doctor.
Let us know your plan to compete in and complete the challenge,
Elizabeth

periwinkle52 responded:
I have not read your recommendations, yet, but I started a water therapy program many years ago. Well, perhaps 6-7yrs. Anyway, I bought a pool, then "water weights", the foam type ones you see @ the
"Y", and I am in the pool, everyday, weather permitting, for one hour of water aerobics! Walking fast, then running, then my noodles,kinda like on a bicycle, then hanging on the side of the pool for leg lifts. I always have the ankle weights & hand barbells to use @ all times. I actually did my own rehab after a major back fusion, as I couldn't find a therapist who would touch me, due to my bones! My Dr. said I did a FANTASTIC job! It's very low impact & fun @ the same time. I hope your info doesn't frown on water therapy, as that would really burst my bubble!! LOL! periwinkle

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to periwinkle52's response:
Hi Periwinkle,

No frowning here! Congratulations on a great exercise plan to rehab yourself!

Looking forward to hearing others plans,
Elizabeth

Helpful Tips

Test your calcium supplement to see how well it dissolvesExpert
Place a calcium supplement in vinegar or warm water for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally. If the supplement dissolves, it will ... More
Was this Helpful?
53 of 64 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website