Skip to content
Taking Calcitonin Salmon Nasal Spray
nannywiz1938 posted:
Good Morning !! I started on osterprosis medicines for the lst. in ever, am 73 and it's like I am a prison for life. I have some emotion issues over the years and a change is hard on me. As I said I started the Calicitionin Spray yesterday and only had small side effects and it wasn't bad. I do another on this morning and really don't dread it but I wonder if the side effects stay this mild. I am taking 2 pills a day for calium and Vit D to get enough and do alittle exercise using my computer chair to hold too. Getting old is hell sometimes but "what else can you do about it but survive" ha Good Luck with everyone of you. God's Speed. Nannywiz

nannywiz1938 responded:
To is 9\8\2011 and I am still taking Calcitonin Salmon nasal spray and only had very little side effects. Have heard this medication was one of the first out that's how old itt is, very costly. I have 2 insurances and paid $22. I got it because I am on Arimadex and scared of the rest of the drugs. I know it isn't as strong as the rest of right now at my age (73) and have several medical problems this will do until I complete my arimidex on 27 Sept 2011; Can't wait, I believe I might try Reclast but then I have been reading some things about it. My cancer Doctor said my me to try them until I get the right one, he did recommend Reclast but that is before this recent news came out about it. Well wanted to keep posting on Calcitonin incase any of you wanted to try it. God Bless. Nannywiz

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to nannywiz1938's response:
Hi Nannywiz,

Thanks for updating us on your experience. Continue to keep us posted.

Elizabeth

Janemarie55 replied to nannywiz1938's response:
Hi There,
I am 61 years young and have the same nasal drug you have, but I haven't taken it yet. I'm also suppose to have Reclast since it's been a year since I've had that. I have Osteopenia, but I've had a fracture and I have soft bones (found during 2 back surgeries). I take Calcium and D3. I'm at a stand still at this point in my life, and don't know what is "safe" to take and what is not. Just wanted to let you know I understand where you're coming from.

tammyhiles responded:
No problem with the Calcitonin (Salmon) nasal spray - don't know yet how effective for bone density but it has helped my back stop hurting!

Helpful Tips

Test your calcium supplement to see how well it dissolvesExpert
Place a calcium supplement in vinegar or warm water for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally. If the supplement dissolves, it will ... More
Was this Helpful?
55 of 66 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website