Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Is Prolia safe and effective for my Mom?!!!
    Anon_153382 posted:
    My mother is 83 yrs. old and very active but she does have a pretty severe case of osteoporosis. Her doc recently put her on Prolia. Is it safe and does it work? Also, what side effects to I need to watch out for. PLEASE HELP!!!

irenediane responded:
    I wish your mother better health. My mother is in the same
    condition. We read the medical guidelines published by the company that makes it. That was enough to scare us.
    Lumps in the breast, constipation, and bladder infections.
    The first thing the doctor said was she could be hospitalized because it PRolia may lower your immune system. So I took mymother to a nutritionist. We take Liquid D and K , magnesium, to start with and we eat all our fruits and veggies
    organically grown. She takes more supplements but we made
    the major changes with the D and K . She goes to a physical therapy group that helps her with her posture because she uses a cane due to her neurosurgery. Be careful and Good Luck.

Helpful Tips

Comment
    Good luck... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website