Skip to content
Have I got a broken foot?
An_243211 posted:
Hello! I need some advice? about 3 weeks ago I had my foot trodden on by a girl with stilettos on on a night out. It was on the top of my foot right in the centre. The pain at first was awful and the bruising covered pretty much the whole of the top of my foot I left it and it's still quite painful all this time later! It hirts to bend my second toe downwards.. There is a hard lump on my foot where it's actually happened which I think is the bone

any advice as to whether you think this could be broken? what should I do? Thanks!

Tomato05 responded:
With fractures, intolerance of weight-bearing is a real give-away. If you have pain when you put your weight on that foot, chances are there could be a fracture. Wearing a closed shoe would also be very uncomfortable and painful.

You would probably also feel the pain more at night, lying down: a deep ache in the bone.

If it is fractured there is not much you can do for a foot bone, apart from taking it easy and minimising walking or standing on that foot. Healing would take about 6 weeks.

Stilettos are a menace!

Helpful Tips

Choosing a safe calcium supplementExpert
Calcium supplements prepared from unrefined oyster shell, bone meal or dolomite may contain lead or other toxic metals. Choose supplements ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website