Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    An_244182 posted:
    My son had a accident resulting in severe TBI for three years now. He has a skull replacement over the left side of his skull. It is made of a Kevlar like material attached to his remaining bone. In 2010 I noticed changes just behind his left ear. We started a "wait and see" period. Four months later his shunt failed. His skull was also moving, the edge between his bone and skull replacement was enlarging and filling with CFS. I have been looking for any information on cases or medical information on this type of event. His replacement continues to slide on his skull. Does anyone know anything about the attachments they use to connect the replacement to the skull bone?
    Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hello Anon,

    I am so sorry to hear about your son's injury and complicated recovery. In a search of our communities I found two member created communities that may be helpful -

    Traumatic Brain Injury Survivors and Caregivers
    TBI - Accidentally Forgotten

    And a couple other places to network for information -
    Brain Injury Association of America

    Hoping you find answers soon,

    Helpful Tips

    Good luck... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 3 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website