Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
T6 fracture and pregnant
sgeorge1989 posted:
I was in a car accident on August 13,2011, I wasw ejected from the vheical and was found that I had a t6 fracture. I have now found out that I am pregnant I conceived march 23,2012. I guess my biggest concern now is, Am I going to have any problems with my back if I carry this child full term? what are some of the things I should do? or is there gonna be any problems to the baby. please help me to understand what this is gonna do to my body?

bonebabe responded:
Talk with your doctor and make sure you're getting plenty of calcium. Unless the fracture didn't heal properly, I doubt you'll have any repercussions from it.

Congratulations on the baby!

Susan responded:
I was in a car wreck 33yrs ago when I was 17. I got pregnant at 29. My back was broken in 5 places T-5, 6, 11, 12, & L-1 my spinal cord was bruised at T-5 & 6 which were crushed. I am an incomplete paraplegic. The hardest part of being pregnant for me was when I reach 7mons. transferring on and off the toilet because you get heavier, and of course the baby is laying on your bladder. I was wet all the time didn't go out much. lol I had pain in my back at that point as well. I told God I couldn't take it any more and at that point I had my child a healthy baby girl who is now 19. It is rough but you will get through it ok. Do you have a good support system in place?

Helpful Tips

Bisphosphonate use in premenopausal womenExpert
The potential benefits and risks of bisphosphonate use may be quite different in premenopausal women compared to postmenopausal women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website