Skip to content
High Left Clavicle Fracture, Surgery Required? (X-Rays Included)
An_245291 posted:
I fractured my left clavicle a little under two weeks ago falling on it while playing baseball. I don't have health insurance so I went to a local UTC to get x-rays on the cheap(ish).

Apparently most clavicle fractures will heal over time if you immobilize the arm with a sling. But after looking at the x-rays I'm paranoid that the two ends of my clavicle at the break have too much separation.

It's hard for me to decipher exactly what's what in the x-ray, nor can I tell the orientation of the fracture. Will I be ok without surgery?

bonebabe responded:
You need to see an orthopedic. They can work out a payment plan with you. If the bone heals incorrectly it can lead to all sorts of issues and could possibly result in having a deliberate break and surgery down the road.

Helpful Tips

Bisphosphonate use in premenopausal womenExpert
The potential benefits and risks of bisphosphonate use may be quite different in premenopausal women compared to postmenopausal women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website