Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
osteopenia
nanaof6girls posted:
Does any one know how the Reclast injection for oosteopenia/osteoporosis is covered by this insurance?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi nanaof6girls and Welcome!

Always the best bet is to call your insurance company or ask your doctors office to call to check coverage.

Hope you find answers soon and let us know how treatment goes.

Take Care,
Elizabeth

bonebabe responded:
Depends on your insurance. I do know that it is not covered under your prescription coverage because it's given by IV in a medical setting and is covered by your major medical.

mcbujo01 responded:
I have had 2 injections, 1st was over $10,000, and the 2nd was jsut under $4,000. I have Cigna and it was covered under medical with a $200, co-pay. Just call your insurance, they will be able to answer any questions for you. Good Luck!

srw444 replied to mcbujo01's response:
Hello,
I am wondering how you feel after your injections.... if you have any negative, lasting symptoms ? My doc has recommended it to me but I am concerned.
Thanks so much !

mcbujo01 replied to srw444's response:
Srw444,

My first injection was early morning, they started an IV, and ran over an hour. I felt fine all day. About 8:30 pm I started to feel feverish and went to bed. I woke up around one in the morning very, very achy, thought I had made a huge mistake?!? But by morning I was okay!! My second injection I was fine, I hadn't noticed any side effects, I'm faithful with my vit D3 and calcium! I have had some fractures to my feet and ankles, but turns out it's flat feet and not so much the osteoporosis! Good luck!! Drink lots of fluids, and Premedicate with tylenol prior to injection !!! Mcbujo01

Helpful Tips

Great product for arthritis pain sufferers
For two years, I was suffering with pain in my left arm. In addition, I grew a bone spur on my left foot. The doctor diagnosed me with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website