Skip to content
help
An_247227 posted:
My vit D was too low for me to start taking Forteo. I am on vit D2 to bring it up. however, I am afraid of taking all these meds that causes more problems than what I have. But I do need to take something. My bone loss is at a criticial number. Please tell me the side affects taking Forteo?
I am walking 2 miles a day with 5 lbs weight in each hand. Will this help? I will start free weights, what is the best excerise to help with hips and spine?
Than u
Ivypo.

periwinkle52 responded:
Good morning, I was diagnosed with Severe Osteoporosis, @ age 35. I started with a prescription Calcium pill, plus the Vit. D. I was on that for a while, I can't remember how long, but then onto the Forteo. You use the Forteo for 2 years, along with the Vit. D. I did not have any side effects from the Forteo! None at all. Then I was put on Atelvia, another pill for Osteoporosis, along with the Vit. D. That was about a year or so ago, and all is well. My bone loss stopped, & is slowly improving, which is better than going in the negative direction! It is a battle I will be fighting forever as I do not have any Parathyroid Glands, which produce our Calcium. So, that is my story. At least, part of it! But, if you are as critical, as I was, go for it! You do not want to go thru all the surgeries that I have, for broken hips & back! You have A-LOT to lose! periwinkle p.s. I do water exercises, with water weights, as it is low impact & not as stressful on your body....

Helpful Tips

For of those interested you might check out
" Congenital radio-ulnar synostosis" Google it and realize we are not alone. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website