Skip to content
Fused ulna and radius
ATU1572 posted:
Hi All

I'm 52 yrs young. I was born with both arms fused. I had casts on both arms for about 1 1/2 years. I had an operation on both arms at the age of 3. All rotation in my arms comes from my shoulders. I have adapted very well in life. I was not treated as disabled by my family. I grew up with 2 older brothers who challenged me daily. I played all sports competively as a kid played hockey, lacrosse , baseball, football, volleyball and play golf . I shoot an average of 83. The one challenge in life is doing manual labour, heavy lifting. Trying to pickup heavy objects is a task as I could never get my arms around or under large objects. As a result I hurt my back on several occasions. To the younger generation I would advise that you be careful with heavy stuff because it takes a toll quite quickly. I have had 3 operations on my back because of the heavy work I did as a youngster.

Don't let anyone tell you that you are disabled or you can't do anything. I have done everything that everyone else has. I just adapt to the way I need to do it.

Helpful Tips

Bisphosphonate use in premenopausal womenExpert
The potential benefits and risks of bisphosphonate use may be quite different in premenopausal women compared to postmenopausal women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website