Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
radioulna synostonis
lovecheer21 posted:
also was born with this in both arms, my right being worse than my left. I have been in Dance for 7 years and absolutly loved it. This was including hip hop, contemparary, jazz, tumbling and ballet. I always loved watching ballet and dancing it. But i could not stand looking in the mirror and seeing my hand being different than everyone elses while dancing and also at the barre. I knew i was never going to grow up to be a professional ballerina. I always got tired of when we would have a differnent teacher and they would come over and try to correct my arm and i would have to explain to them that it does not turn. I got really frusterated when i moved up to a older class and finally quit in the middle of the year. I still danced and tumbled until my junior year of high school when i tried out for cheer and made it. My fused bone has never affected me with tumbling at all, except sometimes my arm looks bent when it is as strait as it will go. I have not told my cheer coaches yet that i am unable to turn my wrist, afraid that they may think it will hold me back if i try out next year. Sometimes cheering at a game in the middle of saying a cheer i have to stop because my arm will refuse to straiten and is very painful. Im pretty sure it is just from hitting all the moves so sharply. I am also a flyer so alot of the times i am up in the air helping hold another team mate. But i always need to figure out a different way to hold their arm because of it and sometimes they do get mad and wonder why i just cant hold them like the other person. Then i hhave to explain again. there are a few motions i can not hit because of it but they havnt found out yet. I absolutly love tumbling and it has not affected me at all with that. I have always wanted to be a gymnast, but know it is not possible because of the uneaven bars and the way they have to grab it. Sometimes I do push myself too hard and it mostly effects my elbow and it will hurt for a few days. But i have learned to manage with it. And am very thankful for what i can do.nj

Helpful Tips

For of those interested you might check out
" Congenital radio-ulnar synostosis" Google it and realize we are not alone. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website