Skip to content
Broken Hand Numb Arm at Night - Concerned
angelstarz posted:
Dear all,

Am 62 with osteoporosis, and recently (unfortunately) fell and broke my hand. Casted for 6 weeks now, improving doing therapy, cast has come off...

My worry is at night nearly my whole arm "falls asleep"... The usual tingling sensation, then numb, but during the day it is fine... Should I be concerned? Could it be a misplaced nerve after the fall? Requires surgery?

Please help, as we get older and frailer things can get a bit scary... Thank you.

PS I take Fosomax for my osteoporosis, not sure if it is related?

bonebabe responded:
I doubt the Fosamax has anything to do with it. Could be a nerve involvement of something else. You need to see your doctor about it if it continues.

superglamglam responded:
angelstarz you should ask your doctor if you can stop the fosomax for a while, if you do some researc on it you will find that it has made people have Everything from nausea to loosing teeth to breaking a femur bone by just standing up after taking that fosamax . I would not give it to my worst enemy it is bad medicine and also if you look online there are tons of women who have been injured by this drug and are going to court to sue the Drug companies. they know that it is bad and quite dangerous but they continue to dump it out on unsuspecting women who trust too easily the greedy doctors

Helpful Tips

Comment
Good luck... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website