Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
MY-FOSAMAX-LAWSUIT.COM
bettydavisiz posted:
I have been reading the many lengthy studies done on Fosamax and recommend that EVERYBODY check in and read the canadian studies and the canadian warnings on Fosamax .
There are thousands of law suits on this drug and for this person bone baby to say the drug is safe is insane. You must all educate yourselves on the many dangers of fosamax and all the other Bisphosphonate drugs they are deadly ! Merck I believe is the co. putting out these dangerous drugs and they are causing women to break femur bones loose jaw bone lose teeth and so many other bad side effects. I read the discussion on the dangers of this and all those bone drugs and the bone babe is wrong there is so much proof and it is hardly something funny bone babe hardly something to laugh about - grow up.

bonebabe responded:
This is an open forum whose purpose is to bring forth discussion, swap ideas and respect another's opinion in a civil manner. Attacking and insulting another poster is not accomplishing anything.

I am aware of the "thousands of lawsuits." I'm also aware that NONE have even gone to court, much less been settled out of court. I'm also aware of the atypical femur fractures and the fact that just as many people have these fractures who do not take the drugs. I also know that you lose bone in different places at different rates and the jaw is one of the places you can lose bone. Having loose teeth can be a symptom of osteoporosis. The only documented cases of jaw necrosis being caused by Fosamax have been in nursing home patients who are already very sick and who took IV Fosamax.

I am not the one saying the drug is safe. In the US we practice Results Based Medicine. The FDA gives the meds the OK to use, because the results, after extensive testing and clinical trials, show a decrease in fracture risk.

I work in an internationally accredited osteoporosis center within a hospital. When we first got our accreditation (having to go through many classes and exercises to get it) we were one of only 14 accredited sites internationally! Now there are more. Our medical director is an osteoporosis expert and sits on the board of the International Society of Clinical Densitometrists and is speaking at the National Osteoporosis Foundation's annual meeting this April.

We are very aware of all the "studies" and lawsuits. We stand by our experience, knowledge and research. That's all I have to say on this subject, but I respect your opinion and your decisions about your healthcare.

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

osteo
heard to take aleve it helps? More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website