Skip to content
kyphoplasty Or Vertebroplasty
An_251942 posted:
I am a male 28 year old guy height 5'5", and was just wondering about these surgeries. I know that these surgeries are performed as a treatment for Osteoporosis but also i have heard and got to know that these surgeries can also help in height increment. I want to know whether i can opt for or not one of these surgeries to gain height by 1-2" at this stage?

bonebabe responded:
Wow, that's a new one to me. Plenty of our patients have had these procedures and have had height increases, but only because their spines were bent due to fractures.

If you've had compression fractures, you might gain some height by having a procedure, but it's not just something you can ask for to increase height. I would think that if your vertebrae were in perfect alignment (as they should be) and the cushioning between them is full (as it should be) that you would get no benefit from a procedure - IF you could find a doctor who would do it.

An_251942 replied to bonebabe's response:
Thank you so much for your reply. Would you advise any other option for this purpose? Is there any possibility to increase height?

bonebabe replied to An_251942's response:
So sorry, but I have absolutely no idea. Maybe an orthopedic surgeon could answer that.

Helpful Tips

Test your calcium supplement to see how well it dissolvesExpert
Place a calcium supplement in vinegar or warm water for 30 minutes while stirring occasionally. If the supplement dissolves, it will ... More
Was this Helpful?
56 of 67 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website