Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    kyphoplasty Or Vertebroplasty
    An_251942 posted:
    I am a male 28 year old guy height 5'5", and was just wondering about these surgeries. I know that these surgeries are performed as a treatment for Osteoporosis but also i have heard and got to know that these surgeries can also help in height increment. I want to know whether i can opt for or not one of these surgeries to gain height by 1-2" at this stage?
    bonebabe responded:
    Wow, that's a new one to me. Plenty of our patients have had these procedures and have had height increases, but only because their spines were bent due to fractures.

    If you've had compression fractures, you might gain some height by having a procedure, but it's not just something you can ask for to increase height. I would think that if your vertebrae were in perfect alignment (as they should be) and the cushioning between them is full (as it should be) that you would get no benefit from a procedure - IF you could find a doctor who would do it.
    An_251942 replied to bonebabe's response:
    Thank you so much for your reply. Would you advise any other option for this purpose? Is there any possibility to increase height?
    bonebabe replied to An_251942's response:
    So sorry, but I have absolutely no idea. Maybe an orthopedic surgeon could answer that.

    Helpful Tips

    Good luck... More
    Was this Helpful?
    2 of 3 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website