Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Joints pain
An_252855 posted:
hello, i'm a Asian mother with two children. The thing that i wanna get more information is about my daughter, she's currently 15 years old and having healthy weight. A year ago, she told me that her joints in her knees are aching sometimes. So I brought her to have a blood test and the result came out saying that everything's fine. Until this year, month may, her joints in her knees started to ache more and more, we didn't bring her to an orthopedic cause we thought that her legs will be fine after some times. Until this July, Her joints in her knees started to ache more, daily. And they get more worse at night especially when in cold weather. She wakes up from the pain in her joints and couldn't get back to sleep. So we decide to bring her to the orthopedic. The orthopedic doctor gave her an x ray and blood test, and says that she has patellar tracing disorders in both legs, he says that she's born with that. He gave her a bottle of chondroitin sulfate 400mg for a month and some pain killers 200mg and ketoprofen gel 2.5, but the ketoprofen gel and pain killer doesnt seems to ease her pains in the joints. And recently, She told me that the pain is not only staying at her joints at her knees, but also, her wrist and elbows and also shoulders are also starting to ache like how her knees started before. She feels fatigue and dizzy and having fast heartbeat sometimes, is it the side effect of the medicine or there's also problem with the joints in her wrist, elbow, shoulder? She also gets "clicking" sounds at her knees and elbow, shoulders when she stretches her body. She told me that the muscle in her shoulders feel so tight and every morning when she wakes, and she feels so weak at her bones. she feels so lazy to stand and walk with a straight body cause she says that her backbone feels so weak. These pains wakes her up at night so she sleeps only 4-5 hrs per night. She do stretching daily, but they doesnt seem to work.. I'm so worried for her and i wanna know why does her joints in her wrist, elbow and shoulder starts to ache? tq - See more at: http://justhealthexperts.com/index.php/front/choosedoctors#sthash.LdcstUyB.dpuf

bonebabe responded:
She should probably be seeing a rheumatologist instead of an orthopedist. It could very likely be an inflammatory illness. Orthopedists do not follow patients with "conditions." They treat acute cases only, then release the patients when they are healed.

Helpful Tips

Choosing a safe calcium supplementExpert
Calcium supplements prepared from unrefined oyster shell, bone meal or dolomite may contain lead or other toxic metals. Choose supplements ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website