Skip to content
Fractured 1st metatarsal and a small fracture on the inside of my ankle
Thebeliever98 posted:
2 weeks ago I landed wrong on my foot and not only sprained my ankle but I also have a small fracture on the inside of my left ankle and also a small fracture on the 1st metatarsal on the 2nd part. It sucks because the fracture is on opposite sides of my foot. The sprain is done with, but now it seems like the foot hurts more than it did the first week I did it. Also my foot still is swollen and it's hot, I'm guessing from the swelling, then sometimes it's really cold. I was just curious if that's normal. I have been on a big Velcro walking boot and crutches. And the last couple of days I have been walking on the boot a little bit, maybe it's been swollen and hurting more because I have been walking on it a little here and there. But when should I expect the swelling to go down and is it normal for it to be hot and swollen randomly? Any tips? It's greatly appreciated.

bonebabe responded:
Ouch! Been there. I'm assuming you've seen a doctor and he's put you in the boot? Did he say weight bearing yet? Two weeks really isn't very long for this type of injury. I was in my boot 8 weeks. Hated it. Might be good if you elevated it when sitting, if you aren't already. You should also be going back to the ortho for regular interval xrays to see how you're progressing. Also taking ibuprofen would be a good idea too. Good luck to you. I agree. It sucks.

Thebeliever98 replied to bonebabe's response:
Yes I went to the Drs and they said 4-5 weeks to heal and until my follow appointment with X-rays I need to use the boot and crutches until then. They dr did say after a while I could start trying to put weight on it. I just get concerned with the swelling and how warm my foot is to the touch when it's swollen. I am elevating it while sitting, and icing it as well. Thanks for the advice.

Helpful Tips

Great product for arthritis pain sufferers
For two years, I was suffering with pain in my left arm. In addition, I grew a bone spur on my left foot. The doctor diagnosed me with ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website