Skip to content
Diagnosing celiac disease
Susan Allison, RNC, BSN, MPA posted:
If you're concerned that you might have celiac disease, talk to your healthcare provider. He or she may order a blood test to see if your body is producing antibodies against gluten. If your blood test shows that you're producing antibodies against gluten, you may need a biopsy of the small bowel to confirm a diagnosis of celiac disease.
Was this Helpful?
11 of 20 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

Choosing a safe calcium supplementExpert
Calcium supplements prepared from unrefined oyster shell, bone meal or dolomite may contain lead or other toxic metals. Choose supplements ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website