Skip to content
Ask your healthcare provider when you should have a bone density test
Michael Lewiecki, MD, FACP, FACE posted:
If you are a postmenopausal woman or man age 50 or older, be sure to ask your healthcare provider when you should have a bone density test. If you're a woman age 65 or older or a man age 70 or older and have never had a bone density test, you should have one regardless of risk factors. Medicare insurance will often pay for this test every two years and sometimes more frequently depending on your medical condition.
Was this Helpful?
20 of 30 found this helpful

Helpful Tips

Bisphosphonate use in premenopausal womenExpert
The potential benefits and risks of bisphosphonate use may be quite different in premenopausal women compared to postmenopausal women. ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 30 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the National Osteoporosis Foundation website