Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Ovarian Cancer/final stages
tigger2753 posted:
My mom has been taken off chemo, and now has a drain to drain the fluid off her stomach. She is very weak, and losing weight rapidly. She is having difficulty eating and keeping food down. It seems that every time I call the Dr., or take her to the ER, they suggest some change to her medication, but nothing seems to help. I wish someone would tell us if she is in the final stages, or if we should hold out hope that she will improve. I hate the disease, and seeing her so sick, but I also hate not knowing what is going on. The Dr. said a couple months rest from the chemo would help her system to recover, and give her a couple of months to feel good. This has most definitely not been the case, and we don't seem to be getting any answers.

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center