Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Quarter sized cyst
carolanneverett posted:
Just got a call from my doctor's office, I was told I have a quarter sized cyst with debris and was told to have a repeat ultrasound in 3 months to make certain it has resolved itself. I no longer have periods. How is a cyst to resolve itself when I no longer have a cycle? My doctor told me that I have ascites, the reason for the ultrasound in the first place, but was told by the office that no ascites was mentioned in the ultrasound report. What are your opinions on this situation? I feel like I may need to consult with another physician.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome,

I you feel you may need another opinion then I would suggest getting a second doctor indeed. Gather your reports and test results from your doc and seek another. It will help the new doc decide what further testing may be needed.
Good luck! Let us know how it all goes!

Chrissy
WebMD Community Staff

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center