Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

New to WebMD's Ovar Cancer Community and have questions....
KAT4365 posted:
Hello:

I am KAT4365 from Columbus OH and a stage IV survivor.
Was diagnosed in 12 2008 and in remission for year. Am now just completing my second round of treatment due to relapse in July 2010.

I am happy to hear of this forum and agree with CMC1234 that we need to keep the faith, abide in hope, and live life to the fullest each day. Doctor's predictions on life expectancies for us late stagers need to be kept in proper perspective.

Tommorrow is history, the future a mystery, today is the gift..that's why we call it "the present".

Would love to stay in touch but don't quite understand if I can chat "individually" with anyone in this group. Is "start a discussion" the only way to "chat?"

God bless each of you.

oviman responded:
I was diagnosed stage 3C in May of '09. After a year remission, my ca-125 began to rise from a low of 7. It is now 84. I have been having pain and bloating but nothing shows on a scan. I'm going bonkers! How did they find your recurrence?

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center