Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Advice Needed In Helping A Friend
TinaCares posted:
One of my very dear friends was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer 6months ago. She has undergone 3months of chemo. Went back for follow-up and was found to have more questionable areas in her abdomen on a PET scan. She is awaiting biopsy results of these areas. She is very down and very scared. I am affraid the outcome is not going to be good. I am trying to be as supportive as possible but don't know what the right things are to do or not to do. We have been friends since we were 12 and are now in our 40's. Any advice from someone who has ovarian cancer?? What can I do to help, but not impose??

yayalmb responded:
A friend never imposes. You have been her friend for many years, just let her talk and give her moral support. I am a 5yr survivor, was in a coma for 6 wks. without my friends and familys moral support I would have never survived. Believe me when I say "Love Is All You Need". She is very lucky to have a friend like you. My prayers aree with you both!!

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center