Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

ovarian cancer question
An_223902 posted:
Can someone please help me with a question...I called my ob/gyn last week because I have noticed that I am bloated as if I was expecting my period but a bit worse. I am not expecting my period and yesterday I had some bleeding. It was bright red...not much but still alarmed me. I have none so far today. My breast have been tender since before my last period and I have felt nauseaus a few times. I am urinating more and have some mild lower back pain, I am not pregnant for sure because I had an endometrial abalation and just in case I took 2 pregnancy tests. My question is if I had a transvaginal sonogram a few months ago is it possible that they will give me another one. I know I have a fibroid but it was very small. I am wondering if things can change within a few months. My grandmother died very young of ovarian cancer and I am worried. I would love to hear any feedback. Dr appt tmrw Thanks a lot!!

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya and welcome,

Gosh anything here would be guessing.
I'm so glad you are seeing the doctor tomorrow. Share your symptoms and concerns with him/her and please let us know what they said! I hope you feel better. I'm hoping this is just nothing to worry about.

violet1618 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
thanks for your feedback....can things change that quickly on a sonagram..if I had one a few months ago will they even give me another one?

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center