Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

ovarian cyst rupture and stinging leg pain
hurla11 posted:
I have had stinging burning leg pains since Jan 22, 2010 after running on the treadmill. My last period was mid February. I was put on the pill in May and went for a pelvic sonogram yesterday and they found that I had a ruptured ovarian cyst with fluid in there. Could this be related to my leg pains? I have seen two orthopedists, a neurologist, rheumotologist, GP and have no diagnosis even with bloodwork (including cancer screening, tests for lyme disease, rheumatoid arthritis, etc). I've also had xrays of my knees as well as MRI's of both knees. I will be having an MRI of the lumbar spine Saturday. How can it be that I haven't had my period in a year, and when I finally go to have the sonogram and they find this that it is "nothing" to my GP? I mean, this hasn't been there all year, right? Pretty coincidental that I go there and they find abnormalities (even though I never had any pain) and consider it not significant. Does anyone have any guidance or suggestions for me?

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center