Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Post ovarian cancer
donnareyes posted:
I had stage 1C ovarian cancer in 2004. I treated it aggressively with chemo. I was taking a Megestrol (Megace??) a progestin based hormone but have stopped because of side affects, primarily wwight gain and rosacia that was really bad. I am currently 47 years old. Since I past the five year mark, what should I still be doing annually. I have a pap smear, mammogram and a CA125 performed. Is there anything else I should be doing? I am also thinking about bioidentical hormones. I think the only one I can consider is the progestin. Sinced I haven't taken anything for two years would it be ok to start up or is it too late. I also would like to know what I am able to do about the thinning of the vagina. i always bleed after intercourse with my husband and I have virtually no interest in sex any longer.

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hiya,

Donnareyes, these questions all have to be presented to your doctor. It's important you ask and share your questions and concerns. You might even consider printing this and asking these very things!
Best of luck and health to you and please keep us posted on how you are doing!

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center