Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

update on very high CA 125
An_223906 posted:
So, Here is is March already. Time sure flies...except when you are worried, and then each day seems like a week. I have learned a good lesson through all of this fright and stress and worry...take the initiative to get your medical problems checked out right away, and don't delay. BUT...don't panic! And don't do anything rash.

From a CA125 with a high of 647 a few months ago, it is now 31!!! As it turns out, I am not post-menopausal, just getting closer. My gyno/oncologist has really stayed on top of things, but didn't want to do anything rash. After a number of long discussions, we agreed that it might be better to wait and see for a few months, rather than jumping into surgery that might not be immediately necessary. He didn't feel like my symptoms could be cancer, and so far he is right. I am very lucky and grateful that he is such a smart man and a great doctor!

I still want tohave a hysterectomy, and my ovaries removed. I'm just glad that we didn't rush into it. Hopefully all will stay okay until he can do the surgery robotically or vaginally. Thanks for your responses! Good luck and good health to all!

Helpful Tips

Submit Ovarian Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through ovarian cancer? Let us help them! I am a cancer survivor that recently started a cancer awareness apparel ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center