Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Pelvic Pain
cldavis516 posted:
I had ovarian and cervical cancer 20 years ago. I had a complete hysterectomy and have had no problems since. Recently, I started having pelvic pain. My doctor did an ultrasound that came back showing remenants of cervical tissue and free fluid in the pelvis. My doctor sent me to the GYN who (without seeing me) stated she could not help me and referred me to a surgeon. He told me (without seeing me) that he did not usually do pelvics and sent me back to the original doctor.

Has anyone else had this kind of problem? I do not want to jump to cancer, but it is hard not to. I hate getting this run around. Suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

2010july responded:
The way you have been passed around from Dr. to Dr. is inexcuseable. If you were my family member I would make sure you got to the closest comprehensive health care center. I recommend the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN. Your worth it and your doctors are being totally neglectful of you. Please be assertive and take yourself to a better health care center!

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center