Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

New to the Ovarian discussion
1962jul posted:
I am new to this discussion program Even though I have been fighting Ovarian C for over 5yrs. I call Cancer C I am angry and do not want to let it have its idenity. Its my way of fighting. I am currently going to have weekly chemo. I have been allergic to most of the treatments I have had in the past. My concerns are this new chemo and its side efects its called Gemzar. I welcome all replies I am in desperate need of hearing survior stories. As I would like to one day be able to write mind. In closing I lost my Father to Kidney C in 1994. I am going to fight the fight as long as the good Lord willing God bless you all Julie

brittany329008 responded:
Hi, julie i actually have a question for you what symptoms did you have before you found out about the C and how did you find out?

eleganse responded:
I don't know much about Gemzar, but I can tell you that I am a 6 year survivor of Ovarian Cancer. I am living a pretty normal life in spite of also having Parkinson's disease and Lymphadema. (as a result of surgery) For me surviving meant getting up every day, not giving up one thing that I could hang on to... keeping things out in front of me that I wanted to do... (Like know my grandkids), and talking to people about my feelings and my fears. I remember one night I could not sleep and all the stories on the internet seemed to end with condolences... Then one had an email address on it. I wrote to her, "if you respond I know someone survived this." Bing, I got a reply. She told me, "the only way out, is through it." That became my mantra... walk the walk, fight the fight, live every day as if you get no tommorrow... God Bless and Good Luck

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Ovarian Cancer Diagnostic tests: CA125 and ultrasoundExpert
Although the CA125 blood test has not been approved for ovarian cancer screening in asymptomatic women, it is useful in the diagnosis of ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 59 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center