Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

question on ovarian cyst/past history of breast cancer
sunny8735 posted:
I did my routine pap last week. Mentioned to my dr. that I was having irregular periods, sometimes totally skipping a period, sometimes just having brown stuff come out and sometimes having more than one period a month. Dr. was concerned about me having endometrial cancer so set me up for a transvaginal ultrasound - which I did yesterday and next week I am scheduled for a endometrial biopsy. Yesterday after the ultrasound I was told they found a cyst on my left ovary. They then had me do the blood work CA 125. I asked the nurse if they could tell by the ultrasound if it was a cyst or a tumor and she said they couldn't. When I was 35 I had Stage II breast cancer and a couple years later a local recurrence. Everything has been fine until now. I am now 46 years old. I am concerend that the ovarian cyst might be cancer but was wondering what the next step would be. I don't think I will find anything out until I go next week to my dr. for the endometrial biopsy. Was wondering if anyone else had a similar situation and what was the outcome. How do they know if a ovarian cyst is cancer or not? Thanks

Helpful Tips

Submit Ovarian Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through ovarian cancer? Let us help them! I am a cancer survivor that recently started a cancer awareness apparel ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center