Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

ovarian cancer
aggiephooh posted:
I had a tumor removed in 2009,they told me i had ovarian cancer.i had a complete histerectomy in 1995.i did not have any ovaries in 2009.can you tell me how i ended up with ovarian cancer.I was in remission from oct,2009-january 2011.now the hycmatin chemo-drug has stopped working.my oncology want to try cyclophosphamide with avastin.my CA125 was going down but now it is going back up.I just want someone totalk to about it,to get some good answers.

gigi1222 responded:
I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in april of 2010 and had a ca125 of 4000 so we started chemo I had a round of taxol which lowered marker to 1500 but almost killed me in process.dr.switched to other forms of chemo but nothing lowered marker as much as taxol did had hysterectomy in August2010 but there were still small traces of cancer that could not be removed so more chemo.we have gotten marker as low as 50 but it has started rising again and I find I am dependant on the Great Physician to heal me I know He will but He may have to take me Home to do that. I am at peace with His plans for me as I know He made this old body I am 70 and he can fix it if He chooses.I will be praying for you and would love to hear your progress.In Christ I am your friend Glenda

someonewhocares3 responded:
I know your post is old (didn't see it til now) and since someone just recently replied, I thought I'd add my 2 cents.

Yes, ovarian cancer can occur without ovaries. Some of the ovarian cells can be left when the ovaries are removed. But also, I think ovarian cells can exist in the pelvis outside of the ovaries. I've heard of ovarian cancer being found in the colon but not in the ovaries.

I wish you the best in beating your cancer!

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center