Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Cancer???
An_223911 posted:
Hello,

My friend is a 57 year old woman who is in fair to good health. She had abdominal pains, so she was sent for a Pelvic Sonogram. While at the Radiologist, the doc decided to also do a Liver Ultrasound. She lives far away from me, so I haven't seen the test results. But she read me the impressions. We seem to think they are suspecting some kind of cancer, but we aren't sure. She read me a bunch of words I can't find on the Internet. Maybe the doc who wrote up the report spelled several words wrong.

Both Sonograms see a mass, but they are uncertain of what ttr is. The one in the Liver is described like this. The mass is "hypoechoic vague in Liver". I couldn't find the word hypoechoic. The Liver mass also had these words, "isoechoic heptic". Does anyone k iw what these words mean? And is there a Liver Cancer board?

The pelvic Sonogram used these words. I believe what they saw was described as being "of Heterogeneity". I don't know if this is good or bad. The pelvic mass was also described as Adnexal. What does the word, Adnexal mean? It seems to refer to a place in the female body that is adjacent to the Uterus. However, my friend doesn't have a Uterus. She had a partial Hysterectomy at age 44 due to Fibroid tumors. She has been much better ever since.

She does have a Multi goiter Thyroid she never went back to the doc for. She also sufferers from uncontrollable Epilepsy since she was 14. She's been on Tegretol about 30 years, and it works better than anything else ever did. But she still gets several a month.

A year ago her Tegretol went toxic. We never found out what caused that. I think the Tegretol going Toxic is related to these masses they said they saw.

At this point we don't know if she has 2 tumors or 2 cysts. We also don't k know if they are benign or Malignant.

If these are malignant growths I am very scared because Adnexal seems to mean an area of the body outside a vital organ. So this may have already spread. I realize I'm not giving you anything specific to go on. So can anyone venture an educated guess?

And why are there so few cancer boards? I think there really should have been a Liver cancer Board. IMHO

Helpful Tips

Submit Ovarian Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through ovarian cancer? Let us help them! I am a cancer survivor that recently started a cancer awareness apparel ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center