Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up


We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Re occurence of Ovarian Cancer
Lacabo posted:
After 3 yrs cancer free my CA 125 has been going up for the last couple of months and is now just over 35. I am having pains on both side of my stomach and bloating, etc. I will be getting another blood test in the next 2 days but just wanted to find out from anyone who had it return what their signs were.
God Bless
mstc1 responded:
None I feel fine but my CA 125 is now 1800 so back to chemo for the 3rd time with 2 clear Ct Scans. best wishes
Lacabo replied to mstc1's response:
Ended up in surgery and 3 tumors removed and I am now doing another round of chemo. Dr. said I kill all but 1 or 2 cells which go dormant and then will activate again down the road and I will have to go through chemo again. CT scan only showed 1 tumor so now I will have regular PET scans going forward to monitor. Luckily my body talks to me and I push my Doctors hard to take action, which they agree is a good thing as I have to be my own advocate.
Wishing you wonderful results from round 3 and hopefully your last.
mstc1 replied to Lacabo's response:
Wish my body talked to me, CA 125 is now 3131 but I feel fine!
Dr put me on Doxil which isn't bad at all. What did they put you on?
Lacabo replied to mstc1's response:
Ended up with 2nd surgery and chemo again - taxotere and charo and will be put on chemo pill after I finish chemo in Nov and I think Dr. said Doxil. Glad to hear the Doxil isn't bad. Good Luck
Lacabo replied to mstc1's response:
Just a quick update, found out I will be put on temozolomide after I finish chemo infusions. Has anyone been on this chemo pill?

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center