Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Ovarian calcium deposits
SZeagler posted:
I've been diagnosed with ovarian calcium deposits and wondered if anyone else had experienced this diagnosis. The 2 doctors that I've consulted recommend at the minimum that I have them removed, or have a complete hysterectomy. They can't tell me if I definitely have cancer from the ultrasounds and blood tests. All tests done have come back negative including uterine biopsy. I had a CAT scan 2 yrs ago also. My Mom had dementia and also a very early hysterectomy. From what I've read, experts think there's some connection between ovarian removal and dementia. Thanks for any information!!

someonewhocares3 responded:
I just came across your post. Did you end up having a hysterectomy with ovary removal? Was any cancer found?

Hope you're doing well!

Lacabo replied to someonewhocares3's response:
Had second surgery in July - 3 new tumors found and now on 6 infusions of chemo. Had partial hysterectomy years ago and 3 years ago had ovaries removed. Both times cancer was found and my symptoms were the same, stomach swelling, abdominal pain and extremely tired. Outlook very good won't need any more surgeries but I will have to go on a chemo pill to keep cancer in remission as long as possible before another go round of chemo infusions. It appears I kill off all cancer cells but 1 or 2 and they go dormant but will become active again.
Have you had to deal with cancer or with a loved one who has cancer.

someonewhocares3 replied to Lacabo's response:
So sorry to hear this! But good that your prognosis is very good! I personally have not had cancer. But my gyn removed my uterus and both ovaries after discovering a cystadenoma on one ovary that had a very small chance of being cancerous. Despite a benign frozen section, he and two gyn residents removed everything. My body hasn't reacted well to this physical and emotional trauma! No one in my family has had breast or reproductive cancer.

Helpful Tips

Submit Ovarian Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through ovarian cancer? Let us help them! I am a cancer survivor that recently started a cancer awareness apparel ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center