Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

ovarian cyst
bevman posted:
looking for an answer to an impression that was found on an MRI result on my lower back and hip

fcarmedic responded:
Bevman, don't know if I can help but I am a nurse that specializes in gyne cancers and end of life issues. What is the question regarding your recent MRI?

Gathright replied to fcarmedic's response:
Hi I have a few questions for you since you are a gynecological nurse. About 2 yrs ago I started having certain symptoms. Some of these symptoms were on and off but became more constant. These included bloating, vaginal discharge and spotting, pelvic and vaginal pain, swollen lymphnode in pelvic area, indigestion, rectal pain and pressure. My gyne at the time did an CA 125 test that was slightly elevated at 37. I had a intra vaginal ultrasound where a small cyst was found on my right ovary but was told that it did not look malignant. During this time I also had an abnormal pap smear that showed precancerous cells and positive for HPV. I had a colposcopy, and cryo(freezing and scraping) done but this did not solve that problem. My gyne was concerned and wanted to then do a laparascopy to get a better look of things. I left out that I do have endometriosis and about 3 years ago after having a laparoscopy I was told that lesions were present on my small bowel. Well I ended up moving and marrying military before I was able to get laparascopy and my symptoms have gotten worst and along with that I now stay bloated and have problems feeling full and a heart time feeling like I can breathe when eating. I also have to urinate all the time now and have the urge to urinate. The only thing that I have been able to do in this past year is to have another pap smear which is abnormal again. The military has been moving slow and have been slow with getting my records from my civilian gyne. I have also just moved again and have been trying to be seen again to get things moving. They have scheduled me again for a colposcopy due to abnormal pap. I really wanted to get lapo done to get things really looked at and to to get that cyst checked again. I am really worried about ovarian cancer. I seem to have 8 out of 9 of the early symptoms that have been occurring now for about 2 years and are getting worse and I have these daily. What do you think about these concerns and issues? Any direction would be appreciated.

Helpful Tips

Submit Ovarian Cancer Fighter
Know of someone going through ovarian cancer? Let us help them! I am a cancer survivor that recently started a cancer awareness apparel ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center