Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up


We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

Could this be Ovarian cancer?
An_239940 posted:
Hi: I'm new here and I hope all goes well for you all.I was wonedering about something.My best friend called me this morning and gave me the shock of my life.She has been complaining of constipation bloating that is coming and going but never completly gone. Heavy minstrul cycles and exhaustion. This has been going on for months now.She has seen the doctor , pap came out fine months back. This morning she shock me with the news of finding a lump in her breast. Rather large lump. My concern is that she has Ovarian cancer. I've been doing research for an hour now and all the symptoms seems to fit. Share with me your thoughts and advice please ...Thanks
Lacabo responded:
Your best friend needs to go to a ob/gyn/oncologist. If she needs a referral from her family Dr first tell her to be firm and not leave until she has one. Primary care Doctors often miss ovarian cancer as mine did and I went several times complaining about pain, bloating and fatigue if it had not been for a kidney stone and a trip to the emergency room my ovarian cancer would have been misdiagnosed even longer. Good luck to your friend and tell her to be diligent until she gets her answers.
fan1008 replied to Lacabo's response:
thanks for your advice.I spoke with my friend earlier.The doctor sent her to have a mamogram today. Her breast is now caving in. I don't know what to think now. She is worried so am I .What ever the outcome she will have great support.I only wish I knew what to do to make this easier for her...Thank again

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center