Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

We will be discontinuing this community as of April 1, 2014. We value and appreciate your participation in this community and hope that you will continue to post your questions in the WebMD Cancer Community.

PCOS ruptured cyst?
Anon_137173 posted:
I was wondering what usually happens when an ovarian cyst burts.. I had one burst a couple months ago, but I couldnt get in to my doctor till 2 weeks later. she told me a cyst had ruptured, and she was suprised to see that I wasnt bleeing internally, and to go to the ER if it happens again..
Well 3 days ago, it happened again expect it actually lasted longer this time, but I havent gone to the ER because Im already paying off dental bills, I dont want to be charged for and ER visit and what not if its not a big deal.. I am still in pain, and Ive been extra nauseated. Ive been feeling really sick lately anyways, but this just added to it. Am I making the right choice? Am I ok to work?
And I dont know if it could be related, but I havent had my period in 3 months. previously when I've gone to the doctor for it, I was told that it was usual for women with PCOS. And I took a test right after I missed the first one and it came up negative.

Any feedback would be very appreciated. Im worried and dont know what to do.

cmaounis responded:
I just found this site and saw your post. I hope that you are feeling better now. I am in a very similar situation. I have been to the emergency room several times for this. I finally found a new GYN (as mine wouldn't see me for 6 weeks) and he did a pelvic ultrasound. Turns out I have a 'herniated cyst'. He said it is very likely that it will not go down without taking birth control. Even then, it will probably still have to be removed.
I totally understand about not wanting to have to pay more medical bills, But if it happens again, you should go in anyway. There could be internal bleeding.
Has your doc suggested birth control? Since it stops the release of eggs at ovulation, the cysts are less likely to form in the first place.

Mrsolga responded:
Hi! Are you feeling better? Being 2 months since i had a ovarian cyst burst in my right ovary and i am still in pain.

Helpful Tips

ovarian cyst
I am in severe pain and have been diagnosed with a 5cm cyst. what should I do next? More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 17 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gynecological Center